Export to Senegal:
Any goods imports whose FOB value is higher than 500,000 CF Francs must be subjected to a prior import declaration once the latter is duly filled by the importer it must be transmitted to a bank coupled with a proforma invoice in order to be recorded ;
- When the FOB value of an order is higher than 1,500,000 CFA Francs, imported goods are also submitted to compulsory control programme managed by “la Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS)” Control General Company. In this event, the importer’s bank must send a copy of the prior import declaration to the SAS Dakar connection Bureau. The latter must convey this inspection order to SAS Branch located in the exporting country ;
The following documents are also required to export to Senegal:
- A copy of bill of lading;
- A delivery order issued by the carrier or its representatives;
- An original copy of the certificate of origin
- A copy of the insurance policy if goods are insured.
- Packing List.
HALAL Certificate: For all meat products (for more details about HALAL Certification visit HALAL section of the Irish Islamic Chamber of Commerce Website).
Other formalities and documents:
For some cotton and polyester fabrics locally manufactured or imported and intended for consumption in Senegal, the mention “for sale in Senegal” must be readable.